Water Complaints Procedure
England Water Complaints Procedure
If you’ve experienced a problem with your water supply in England and would like to complain, please follow the steps below.
We’ll always try and do everything we can to ensure you’re completely satisfied, but we know that problems can sometimes arise. To make sure your complaint is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction, we’ve put together the following steps.
For issues with your water supply in Scotland, please click here: https://www.switchingon.com/scotland-water-complaints-procedure
We will always try and do everything we can to ensure that you are completely satisfied, but we understand that problems can sometimes arise. To ensure your complaint is resolved quickly and to your satisfaction, we have put together the following complaints procedure.
The best way for us to resolve your complaint quickly is to call us 0161 946 4444 to speak to our Customer Care advisors. If you can’t call us, you can email or write to the Customer Care Team, Unicom, No. 1 Dovecote, Old Hall Road, Sale, M33 2GS.
No matter how you get in touch, we’ll need a few things from you:
• Your contact details (Name and Address) or simply include your account number
• Any background information on the issue
• The impact the issue is having on you
• What you would like to happen as a resolution
Step 1 – Letting us know
Our Customer Care advisors are empowered to resolve complaints on the first call whenever they can. If you’ve written to us, we might need to contact you by phone for more information before we look into your complaint. Sometimes, we’ll need to speak to a third party before we can resolve your complaint, but we’ll respond to you within 10 working days.
We’ll always try and resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. To resolve we’ll:
• Offer an apology
• Explain what’s happened
• Take action to put things right
• Offer compensation in appropriate circumstances
If our Customer Care team can’t resolve your complaint, it will be passed to our specialist Complaint Champions team.
Step 2 - Trouble resolving your complaint
If your complaint is passed to our Complaints Champions, one of the team will acknowledge your complaint and complete a full review. Further conversations with you may be needed but you’ll be kept updated every step of the way.
Step 3 - If things haven't been resolved to your satisfaction
If we’ve completed our review and investigation and you’re still not happy, or your complaint isn’t resolved after 8 weeks, you can ask CCW (formerly the Consumer Council for Water) to help. CCW offer free advice and assistance and may formally investigate complaints where necessary. You can visit https://www.ccwater.org.uk/ to find out more or contact them on 0300 034 2222.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Code of Conduct
Unicom is committed to resolving complaints quickly and to the satisfaction of our customers. In the few instances where this is not possible, we have subscribed to the Water Redress Scheme (WATRS) to provide an effective Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme for our customers.
Following the principles of the Water Redress Scheme, Unicom commits to:
- Provide an ADR scheme free of charge to customers
- Support the principles set out in the ADR Specification
- Respect the independence of the ADR Service Provider
- Be bound by the decision of the ADR adjudicator if accepted by the customer and to implement the decision as required by the Scheme Rules
- Co-operate with and have due regard to the recommendations of the ADR Panel
- Provide accurate and reliable information to and co-operate with the ADR adjudicators