Non Unicom E-mail: Configuring Outlook 2003
1. Click on the Tools menu, on the top bar, and then on the drop down window that appears, click on E-mail Accounts.
2. This should bring up the E-mail Accounts window. Highlight the option View or change existing e-mail accounts. Then click on Next.
3. In the window that appears next, please select the Tiscali account you want to check. If you have not made any changes to you mailbox setting, it should be pop.tiscali.co.uk. Then click on the Change button.
Note:This would be there Exsisting E-mail Address
4. This will bring the Internet E-mail Setting (POP3) window. Check the setting as per the image below.
Check Your Name. People who will receive e-mail(s) from you, will see this name for sender.
Check E-mail Address. Confirm that the e-mail address typed here is exactly what you have in your welcome letter. In case you are trying to use your secendory e-mail account, make sure that the spelling is correct.
Check User Name. Confirm that the username typed here is same as that of the e-mail address. Username should include firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Password. Confirm your password with the one you have setup for this email address the also maybe there existing Unicom BB password. If required retype the password. Make sure there is not spelling or case mismatch in the password you typed here.
Check Outgoing mail server (SMTP). It should be smtp.dslconnect.co.uk
Note: Unicom do not own any incoming mail server so please leave this space blank or refer to your e-mail provider for the incoming mail settings.
5. If you use a modem to connect to internet, then select Connect using my phone line. Then under the option Use the following Dial-Up Networking connection, select Tiscali Broadband.
6. Then click on OK to continue.
7. You will be back to the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window. Click on the Test Account Settings window.
Note: The above picture is TISCALI’S setting not Unicom’s.
8. It will bring the Test Account Settings window. Once all the tests are completed sucessfully, you will see a window similar to the image below.
9. You can now close all the open windows and continue using Outlook 2003. It is configured correctly to your tiscali e-mail account.
In case you see any errors in Test Accout Settings result window. Check the error type as shown below.
This error indicates that you are not connected to internet. Please check if you are able to view websites on your browser. If you can view websites then check proper connection settings as explained in step 4.
This error indicates that Outlook is not able to connect to the Tiscali’s SMTP server. Please check the SMTP server name used, as mentioned in step 4.
This error indicates that outlook is not able to connect to both the tiscali’s SMTP and POP servers. Please check the SMTP and POP server names used.
This error indicates that outlook is not able to authenticate your username and / or password on Tiscali’s SMTP and POP servers. Please check the username and password used, as mentioned in step 4. This may also happen because of firewall settings on your computer. Please check them.
This error indicates that outlook is not able to authenticate your username and / or password on Tiscali’s SMTP server. Please check the username and password used to authenticate on Outgoing Server, as mentioned in step 5. This may also happen because of firewall settings on your computer. Please check them.