Fraud: Be vigilant
Don’t take a timeout on your telecoms security
With the upcoming festive period, it’s the perfect time to switch off and wind down to take a well-earned break. But don’t forget to be vigilant about telecoms fraud.
Unfortunately this is a peak time for fraudulent activity, so it’s worth taking a few extra minutes to help ensure your business is protected. Here are a few top tips:
- Always be suspicious of unsolicited calls relating to a security/system problem, even if they claim to represent a respected company.
- Never agree to sign up for an unknown product or service and under no circumstances allow the caller to take control of your computer system as this allows them to gain access to your personal files and harvest information.
- Be vigilant for evidence of hacking – not being able to obtain an outbound line usually indicates there is a fault on your line but can also signal high volumes of traffic through your system
- If you have a mobile account with us and it’s lost or stolen over the bank holiday period please contact us urgently on 0161 946 4812.
- Be extra cautious when downloading software, particularly if you’re unfamiliar with the source.
- Be aware of hoax callers – ask security questions about your account before continuing the call, if the caller can’t answer, they are not legitimate.
- Change the default password for your phone system and then continue to change it at regular intervals.
Protect your landline
Early detection is key to reducing the risk of any fraudulent activity. That’s why we have FraudDefender*, our fantastic service which halts telecoms fraud in its track. Here are some key benefits:
- Monitors your lines 24/7 365 days a year
- Detects unusual call activity on your lines
- Alerts us so that we can investigate
- Suspends service if necessary preventing further fraud taking place
- Reduces the risk of financial damage
- FREE two month trial for ALL customers then just £2.50 per month per account