Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration
Thunderbird is available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
1. Open Thunderbird. If this is the first time Thunderbird has been run the account wizard should start automatically, select ‘E-mail account’ and click ‘Next’. If not, from the main screen click ‘Create a new account’, and then select ‘E-mail account’ and click ‘Next’.
Note: If the above screen does not appear select ‘Tools -> Options -> Add Account…’ This will open the ‘New Account Setup’ page.
2. Enter the name you would like to appear in the “From” field of outgoing e-mails (eg your name or your business name), and you e-mail address.
3. Ensure ‘POP’ is selected. Enter ‘mail.YourDomain.co.uk’ as the Incoming Server, replacing YourDomain with your e-mail address domain. For example firstname.lastname@example.org would require an Incoming server of mail.parkerphotos.co.uk.
4. Contact your internet service provider for your SMTP details and enter them in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text-box.
5. Enter the full e-mail address in both the incoming and outgoing user name fields and click next.
6. Enter an account name, this is user defined. For example “Peter Parker” or “Parker Photos”. Once entered click next.
7. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the account wizard set up.
8. Once the wizard has been completed Thunderbird will attempt to retrieve e-mail. At this point you should be prompted to enter the account password, and also select if Thunderbird should remember this password. Selecting this option will stop Thunderbird from asking for a password in future.