Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration
Thunderbird is available from http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/thunderbird/
- Open Thunderbird. If this is the first time Thunderbird has been run the account wizard should start automatically, select ‘E-mail account’ and click ‘Next’. If not, from the main screen click ‘Create a new account’, and then select ‘E-mail account’ and click ‘Next’.
Note: If the above screen does not appear select ‘Tools -> Options -> Add Account...’ This will open the ‘New Account Setup’ page.
- Enter the name you would like to appear in the “From” field of outgoing e-mails (eg your name or your business name), and you e-mail address.
- Ensure ‘POP’ is selected. Enter ‘mail.YourDomain.co.uk’ as the Incoming Server, replacing YourDomain with your e-mail address domain. For example firstname.lastname@example.org would require an Incoming server of mail.parkerphotos.co.uk.
- Contact your internet service provider for your SMTP details and enter them in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) text-box.
- Enter the full e-mail address in both the incoming and outgoing user name fields and click next.
- Enter an account name, this is user defined. For example “Peter Parker” or “Parker Photos”. Once entered click next.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the account wizard set up.
- Once the wizard has been completed Thunderbird will attempt to retrieve e-mail. At this point you should be prompted to enter the account password, and also select if Thunderbird should remember this password. Selecting this option will stop Thunderbird from asking for a password in future.